Saturday, May 07, 2005

Dumb Customers #3



So this family came into Sears tonight. They came in at 8:59...we close at 9. The manager gives the "We are now closed" announcement and they pick out clothes and head for the dressing rooms to try it all on. These people are taking their sweet ass time sifting through items, so the manager gives the announcement a second time. I swear these people were fucking deaf. I am stewing in my cashwrap at this time because I am unbelievably pissed that I can't close my register and go home because this family of assholes decided to shop in a closed store. Then the bastards come up to my cashwrap and say somewhat meakly, "Can we check out?" I soo wanted to tell them no, but my manager was near. I angrily rang them up. I seriously made it known that I was pissed off at them. I gave the typical evil glare, the only words they heard out of my mouth were,"your total is..," and I slammed every fucking thing in sight. I slammed the ink tag puller-offer-thingy, the detail drawer, the register keys, their items, and then oh-so-nicely threw all their shit in a bag. They did not recieve and "Have a nice evening" from me, but a "I hope you vanish" stare.

Their night shopping wasn't over though, they still wanted to buy a refrigerator. Poor T, in appliances had to deal with them next.

What the hell is so hard to understand about the word 'closed?'

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

talk about bad customer service skills, i think these people just have bad customer skills and don't know how to behave as civilized human beings. when i worked there i would only stay extra if commission was involved and if not then with my incompetent supervisor usually gone i simply closed and told them in polite terms they were out of luck.

5:49 AM  
Blogger MyGodYouAgain said...

This is so true. Anyone who says you're an ass has OBVIOUSLY never worked retail....or its been so long they've forgotten what its REALLY like. I just started a blog about the trials and tribulations of working at a well known pet store.

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. You're mean. No wonder no one shops at Sears :P

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sears is an over-priced, shitty store anyway so who cares. Amazon.com, Lowes, Home Depot are all cheaper for anything you need.

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When talking to myself at work, my most used quote is most definitely "Go the fuck home".

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Chloee said...

Oh my goodness, I have customers like that all the time. But our managers let us shut down the registers anyway, we also shut the gates and leave only ONE door unlocked and if its not the one you came in from, oh well. We announced that Sears is closed, that does not mean still shop around. They may be customers but that is NO excuse to treat the workers like trash. People are so inconsiderate.

3:15 PM  
Blogger o said...

I think Sears Holdings and Eddie lampert would agree! Customers are people that simply need to Fuck off. And at sears they have! How nice it will be , to see a 100 yr. Company Finally say to say to its customers " Fuck off " and when others realize the sears products of yesterday, like kenmore or craftsman ,are NOT the same quality of yestertyear, they will switch to LG or the like. Thinking Fuck Off" while you serve a customer Should be Sears holdings new Slogan". As this is exactly what I've done. After 40+ years, I have fucked off, and will not buy, any of Eddie Lamperts ie" "Sears Holdings" products. Including Kenmore, Craftsman, Diehard....

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL at my sears, this guy tried doing this the other day, and the LP guy threw him out!

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To everyone saying the blogger is an ass, I have a question for you. How would you feel if someone showed up at your job after you worked a 9 hour shift, right as you are set to leave and just sat there so you couldn't go home? i'm sure you would be pissed too. oh and you are making minimum wage too, so you get a whole $2 for the extra twenty minutes you have to stand there. You people have obviously never worked in customer service and have no clue how inconsiderate something like this is.

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home