Monday, April 04, 2005

Dumb Customers #2

Sears is infamous for having misleading (as the customers put it)signs. Actually our signs aren't misleading, they are specific if you actually READ them. I swear, literacy is a serious problem for Sears shoppers.

Today this woman comes up to my register in the Men's section of Sears. She has a pile of kids clothes and wants me to tell her the prices of each item as I ring them up. I frequently am asked this and find it thoroughly annoying. Well I get to this pink overall set and it rings up 40% off at the grand price of $10.80.

She snaps, "That should be $9!"

I say,"No ma'am, $10.80."--Thinking to myself,"That's like a dollar more, quit your bitchin'"

Then she blabbers on about how there was a sign that said it was $9. So I frustratingly grab the pink overall set and walk with her to the sign knowing that I, as always, am going to prove some stupid bitch wrong. Sure enough the sign clearly states that all Capri Sets are $9. I explain this to her and even show her the said Capri Set and she responds with,"Well I want it for $9, that's what the sign says!"

I go get the MCA (Merchandise Customer Assist), T, and ask her to speak slowly to the woman because I apparently am difficult to understand. The illiterate woman then has the fucking nerve to start arguing with T! I call the manager.

I am ringing up the rest of her stuff while we wait for the manager to come. While doing so, she says,"Just forget it, I don't want it."

I SO wanted to scream at her,"Bitch you better take it after I have had to deal with your crap for 15 minutes!!" When the manager came she acted like she didn't even want to tell him what the problem was because it was no big deal. He explained the sign and she was like, "Yes, I know, the Capri Sets." As if it had finally clicked in her wee little brain.

Why does it take 3 people to explain a sign to someone? WHY??

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's amazing these people still reproduce. reading does help as a first rule. say she had picked out something in electronics or hardware and it looked just like another thing the way the two were boxed. maybe something was mis shelved because another customer was looking at it and put it in the wrong spot. she takes it home and finds out the hard way that she wasted her time by not reading and on top of that gets a restocking fee for her shortcomings. i think we need stores like sears not for the majority of people out there, but as karma for the ones that behave in such a manner.

6:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea, I get those customers too and if the amount is a dollar off the actual sign, tell that stupid bitch it's because of this little thing called tax! Also, don't trip off it and just call your manager. Customers will act differently to people with a little more authority than you even though you said the exact same thing. I was lucky because my manager was this 6'3 300 pound black guy and when he spoke to the customers, they all listen to him.

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get these people all the time. I've even had customers argue over a few cents when they were clearly wrong. They are among the most irritating people on the planet. Go shop at fucking dollar tree.

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! you all really hate your jobs! You are working in CUSTOMER SERVICE! if you don't like dealing with all kinds of people, then get another job! Seriously, you complain about having to pass items through a scanner like its so hard to do. You are getting paid to do all those things, not for free, so suck it up, get your check and go home!... or go to school so you won't ever have to do that again.

2:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow i just found this blog. very funny. where is this sears?? i just was bored and looked up i hate sears on google. Mostly because i have a stupid 25 dollar gift card to sears and i cant figure out what to spend it on. I really hate sears.

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreed, I'm convinced that the human race is nothing but walking cockroaches because of the customers I have in the store daily.

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just change the price to what they think it was. Calling several people to fix the problem wastes so much resources when you can just enter the "correct" price of $2 less. (be sure to follow up on the issue later on) Quit being an ass and you may start to get customers that aren't dumb. - 9 mo. @ Sears as commission sales, now an MCA.

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home