Thursday, May 05, 2005

Unnecessarily Open



Sears is falling apart. I mean, K-Mart bought it out...damn. We recently had a meeting that we were forced to attend after closing. It was about all the random benefits that were being cut because Sears can barely afford to turn the lights on. The meetings was utterly pointless because all the benefits being discussed only affected full-time employees. The only full-time employee in the room was the manager giving the meeting. Half of us slept, half of us made smart-ass comments.

I have a proposal for Sears. Instead of cutting employee benefits why don't they cut down the time Sears is actually open. NO one shops at Sears! Yet I now have to wake up and go to work at 7:45 AM on a Saturday because Sears thinks it will make an extra buck by opening early. At a store with actual customers that could work, but at Sears...I don't think so. We also open 2 hours earlier than the mall we are connected to on Sundays. Customers don't start filtering in till about 2:30 PM, because they don't know we open at the ass-crack of dawn.

Honestly, I think if Sears were only open Friday through Sunday it would make the same amount of money, give or take a couple hundred bucks. Sears would save money by not having to keep the lights and air on for the weekdays that no one shops. I was at work today, a Wednesday, from 12:45 to 9. Out of those 8 hours I probably checked out 30 people. I got paid to lean against a counter and daydream various sexual fantasies. That's right, sexual---one's mind tends to wander when stuck in the most extreme state of boredom possible for 8 hours.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

noone shops at those times and anyone who does noone wants to deal with anyway. i mean these people would have to be cranky or just not very bright. i feel your pain as i once endured the sheer idiocy that this company displays. having a meeting where none of the attendees are even affected by it is another nice example. these people would be fired in a moment's notice in any other company. they like playing games. i'd have just not attended and found something else better to do.

5:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are my hero. As an MCA, I've dealt with nearly all of the same shit you have, and I'm glad to know someone else is pissed with the bullshit. Thank you for posting.

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am suprised they let you lean on the counter in Utah they make you do the janitors job or the stock crews job or any job they find I even have had a request to clean up shit that rolled down some fat hogs leg before they made it to the restroom! forget searsmart boycott or unionize!!

2:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm through with Sears myself. I bought a new Sears Lawnmower that is still underwarranty. It went back for repairs after the choke broke and the pull rope broke. Sears kept it for four weeks. I had to pay someone to mow my yard, and it wasn't cheap (Why do you think I bought a mower.)

After the warranty repairs, I mowed with it one time, and now it won't start a week later.

I'd sell the damned thing on Craig's list and buy a new mower somewhere else, but who will buy a piece of garbage that won't run? I nearly had a heart attack trying to start it.

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm done with Sears, too! My local store doesn't open until 11:00AM! Used to be they opened at 8:00AM. But that was back when they carried quality products, and had staff that gave a fuck! Employees no longer know their products (yeah dumbass, I can read the fucking box, too! I asked you if it did XYZ, and you don't have a clue!), and are apparently all career minimum-wage employees.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home